New at the BIOFIN Global Conference in 2018, BIOFIN invites contributed research papers for presentation in the “Research Track”. We invite presentations of applied research that explores new developments in ecosystem services and biodiversity finance mechanisms, original case studies, and assessment methods. Solutions involving public sector, private sector and/or civil society all are encouraged. Successful submissions will explore solutions that highlight one or more of the following:
- Improvements in the efficiency of policy or program delivery toward specific biodiversity and sustainable development outcomes;
- Reallocation or re-alignment of existing funds, policies or incentives to increase the efficiency of achieving specific biodiversity and sustainable development outcomes;
- National, regional, or local policy design and implementation to avoid future costly biodiversity losses;
- Innovative resource mobilization strategies toward bridging a specifically identified biodiversity finance gap toward sustainable development objectives;
- Success stories and failures in Biodiversity Finance Solutions;
We anticipate some of the papers presented in the research track will be invited to submit a full manuscript for consideration of a forthcoming Special Issue of the Journal Ecosystem Services entitled: Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services Finance Solutions: Investing in Nature toward Sustainable Development. Please see the following link for details on the Special Issue: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/ecosystem-services/call-for-papers/call-for-papers-of-special-issue-on-biodiversity-and
Note: Invitation to submit a full paper will not guarantee acceptance for publication.
- Submission of a 300-400 word extended abstract (max one page) to Professor Andrew Seidl (e-mail: email@example.com) by December 29, 2017 for consideration by the editorial team.
- The editorial team completes evaluation of extended abstracts and invites authors of accepted abstracts to present their work at the global meeting and, if appropriate, to develop full papers: January 31, 2018.
- Note: Please indicate on your submission that you request consideration for presentation at the global workshop. If, additionally, you would like your paper to be considered for inclusion in the Special Issue, please also indicate this on your submission. Presentation in BIOFIN Global Conference does not guarantee invitation to submit a full paper for the Special Issue.
- Presenters will be responsible for making their own travel (transportation and lodging) arrangements to Chennai. There is no registration fee for the workshop and all sessions are open to all participants. Payment for special events, such as field visits, and banquets can be arranged with the organizers independently upon acceptance of the invitation to present your work on a space available basis.